Welcome to the PingPing Bowen Therapy Website.
If you are looking for PAIN RELIEF, you have come to the right place for holistic treatment. Bowen is safe, involving non-invasive work on soft tissue, moves are subtle but powerful.
The non-invasive technique developed by Thomas Bowen (1916-1982) empowers the body’s own healing response. Being holistic in nature, this therapeutic and deeply relaxing technique also enhances a person’s sense of wellbeing, physically, emotionally and mentally. Additional benefits can include increased energy, improvement in the immune system, rebalancing the body, improved circulation, lymphatic drainage and detoxification.
Bowen Therapy is a relaxing myo-fascial complementary healthcare treatment known for its incredible effectiveness on back pain, neck pain, knee, shoulders, ankle, respiratory and joint issues, and even addresses internal conditions such as asthma, digestive complaints and migraines.
Results can be remarkable and lasting even from the first session, with often only a few sessions required to address the presenting problem.
Bowen is particularly effective if performed on same day as injuries, caused by falls, pulls, twists, surgeries, dental appointments and chemotherapy. Chronic illnesses are very often improved by regular Bowen. It is also great as a “maintenance modality”.
Key Points of Bowen
- Relief is regularly felt immediately. Most cases respond within 48 hours. Generally most people only require 3 or 4 sessions, unless complex.
- Full assessment on general health and wellbeing (such as diet, sleep, emotional) and physical examination is taken.
- Clothing stays on
- Suitable for infants to seniors
- £50 (cash or cheque only) per 60 min session during office hours (9am – 5.30pm). Out of hours £75 per session by arrangement only.
What is Bowen Therapy like?
Like MASSAGE Bowen Therapy involves, relaxation and physical touch but the Bowen Therapy treatment is interspersed by pauses and the actual ‘hands on’ input from the therapist is minimal in comparison.
Like ACUPRESSURE and ACUPUNCTURE some of the areas of focus will coincide with acupuncture points and known meridians the Bowen Therapy treatments decongest blockages or stagnation in energy flow even more efficiently.
Like CHIROPRACTIC and OSTEOPATHY the body’s skeletal structure is profoundly affected through Bowen Therapy and joints will correct their alignment without forceful manipulation and long-term treatment plans.
Like PHYSIOTHERAPY the body’s neuromuscular system is effectively re-trained but more importantly the old patterns of dysfunction are removed first. The best preface to physiotherapy after injury or surgery would be Bowen Therapy to reduce the inflammatory responses before re- education of muscle groups.
Like EMOTIONAL RELEASE and SOMATIC BODYWORK, Bowen Therapy will have profound and positive affects on the emotional causes and blockages within a person. These emotional causes can have a serious consequence to a persons healing and it is necessary to resolve them. Bowen Therapy is not used to intentionally affect these blockages but simply reminds the body to not hold or remain stuck in patterns of emotional responses. Any emotional release from by Bowen Therapy will occur only when the client is naturally ready, the process feels gentle and natural for them.
BOWEN IS EFFECTIVE AND HELPFUL FOR THE RELIEF OF
- Musculoskeletal disorders – feet & ankles; knees; sprains; muscle strains; Pelvic & hip issues
- Shoulder problems: pain in the shoulders or upper limbs; numbness in the arms or hands; frozen shoulder
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, RSI, tennis elbow & golfers elbow.
- Neck problems
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Pain or tension in the jaw & TMJ
- Chronic fatigue, MS, ME, fibromyalgia
- Menstrual pains: irregular cycle; menopause and hot flush
- Uterine & bladder issues, endometriosis, prolapse, Urinary disfunction, Water / fluid retention; kidney stones, lymphatic congestion
- Infertility, Reproductive dysfunction.
- Enlarged prostate, issues with night urination for men, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction
- Digestive problems: constipation; diarrhoea, bloating. IBS
- respiratory problems, asthma
- anxiety and stress, depression
- scoliosis, posture
- Pregnancy pains, baby bowen, baby colic, unsettled baby, trapped wind
- Tension release following trauma
- PingPing Bowen’s clinic is at 16 Molineux Place, Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1BF (opposite Haywards Heath Town Hall), bus stop is right opposite the building. There is a disabled parking bay just outside.
- Sorry no home visits
Is it expensive?
- Personal appointments – £50 per 60 minute session
- Out of hours £75 per 60 minute session
- Cash and Cheques accepted, however Credit/Debit cards & BACS are not accepted.
- Broken appointments (unless 36 hour notice given)- £50.
- Please try not to break an appointment as it could have been offered to someone else in need of treatment …thank you!
- Late arrivals more than 15 minutes are subject to being rescheduled as a quality treatment cannot be delivered. A broken appointment fee therefore will be charged.
- If needed, a small charge (£5) may be applied for medical supplies/strapping
- Professional correspondence e.g. references, referrals, letters to employers, etc. are charged at £35 per letter/email.
- Out of office hours (before 9am and after 5.30pm) and Weekends are emergency only and are charged at £75 per session – payable at time of booking and non-refundable.
Professional membership and Code of conduct
Ye Ping Tsim is a member of these professional organisations which requires that therapists adhere to the Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- BowTech Bowen Association UK: http://www.bowen-technique.co.uk/
- VTCT Vocational Training Charitable Trust
Ping Tsim Consulting Ltd, Company Registration number: 06861458
Registered Office: 16 Molineux Place, Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1BF