Welcome to the PingPing Bowen Therapy Website.
If you are looking for PAIN RELIEF, you have come to the right place for holistic treatment.
Bowen Therapy is generally a relaxing myo-fascial treatment that belongs to the family of complementary healthcare treatments. It is known for its incredible effectiveness on chronic back pain, neck pain, knee, shoulders, ankle, respiratory and joint issues, and it even addresses internal conditions such as asthma, digestive complaints and migraines. It is also helpful in improving physical and emotional wellbeing. Additional benefits can include increased energy, improvement in the immune system, rebalancing the body, improved circulation, lymphatic drainage and detoxification.
Key Points of Bowen
- Relief is regularly felt immediately. Most cases respond within 48 hours. Generally most people only require 3 or 4 sessions, unless complex.
- A Bowen therapy session is generally relaxing
- Bowen is safe, involves non-invasive work on soft tissue, moves are subtle and relaxing but powerful, no heavy manipulation
- A thorough holistic approach is taken – (physical, emotional, lifestyle). Full assessment on history, general health and wellbeing (such as diet, sleep, emotional), and physical examination is taken.
- Clothing stays on
- Already used by NHS in the UK and used by significant Sports Associations
- It is suitable for everybody, from infants to seniors
- £48 per session (up to 60 minutes). Out of office hours (after 5.30pm) and Weekends are emergency only and are charged at £65 per session- payable at time of booking and non-refundable.
The non-invasive technique developed by Thomas Bowen (1916-1982) empowers the body’s own healing response. It helps restore homeostasis and balance to the body enabling it to repair, address pain, eliminate dysfunctional debris and re-pattern energy fields. Being holistic in nature, this therapeutic and deeply relaxing technique also enhances a person’s sense of wellbeing, physically, emotionally and mentally.
Bowen is particularly effective if performed on same day as injuries, caused by falls, pulls, twists, surgeries, dental appointments and chemotherapy. Chronic illnesses are very often improved by regular Bowen. It is also great as a “maintenance modality”.
The therapist performs hands-on movements on soft tissue which stimulates a brain response to activate healing. Bowen-work is a cross-fibre, soft tissue manipulation technique that is performed over specific locations in a specific sequence on the body. There are pauses after procedures to allow the body to integrate the moves and for the ANS to respond. The procedures are non invasive and may be performed through clothing, making this treatment possible in any setting. The treatment consists of a series of gentle but precise soft tissue mobilisations, cross fibre moves, performed by thumbs or fingers on muscles, tendons, ligaments or nerve sheaths.
The technique is performed in this way – the skin is pulled to the side of a structure, gentle pressure is applied to the edge of a muscle and then a gentle rolling move is performed over the structure whilst maintaining gentle pressure on the area. This technique is well documented to stimulate proprioceptors, sending information via the nervous system to the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS). A pause is applied after this rolling motion to allow the nervous system to integrate, and fully respond, and the muscles reset to their normal tissue tension state.
Results can be remarkable and lasting even from the first session, with often only a few sessions required to address the presenting problem.
What is Bowen Therapy like?
Like MASSAGE Bowen Therapy involves, relaxation and physical touch but the Bowen Therapy treatment is interspersed by pauses and the actual ‘hands on’ input from the therapist is minimal in comparison.
Like ACUPRESSURE and ACUPUNCTURE some of the areas of focus will coincide with acupuncture points and known meridians the Bowen Therapy treatments decongest blockages or stagnation in energy flow even more efficiently.
Like CHIROPRACTIC and OSTEOPATHY the body’s skeletal structure is profoundly affected through Bowen Therapy and joints will correct their alignment without forceful manipulation and long-term treatment plans.
Like PHYSIOTHERAPY the body’s neuromuscular system is effectively re-trained but more importantly the old patterns of dysfunction are removed first. The best preface to physiotherapy after injury or surgery would be Bowen Therapy to reduce the inflammatory responses before re- education of muscle groups.
Like EMOTIONAL RELEASE and SOMATIC BODYWORK, Bowen Therapy will have profound and positive affects on the emotional causes and blockages within a person. These emotional causes can have a serious consequence to a persons healing and it is necessary to resolve them. Bowen Therapy is not used to intentionally affect these blockages but simply reminds the body to not hold or remain stuck in patterns of emotional responses. Any emotional release from by Bowen Therapy will occur only when the client is naturally ready, the process feels gentle and natural for them.
BOWEN IS EFFECTIVE AND HELPFUL FOR THE RELIEF OF
- Musculoskeletal disorders – stiffness, tightness, pain
- Sports injuries, shoulders; ankles; knees; sprains; muscle strains; tennis elbow & golfers elbow. Feet problems.
- Pelvic & hip issues
- Shoulder problems: pain in the shoulders or upper limbs; numbness in the arms or hands; frozen shoulder
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, RSI
- Neck problems, stiff neck
- Pain in the coccyx
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Pain or tension in the jaw & TMJ
- Chronic fatigue, MS, ME, fibromyalgia
- Menstrual pains: irregular cycle; pre-menstrual syndrome; menopause and hot flush
- Uterine & bladder issues, Menopause & PMS, period pains, endometriosis, bladder prolapse
- Infertility, Reproductive dysfunction.
- Enlarged prostate, issues with night urination for men, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction
- Digestive problems: constipation; diarrhoea, bloating. IBS
- Sinus congestion.
- Water / fluid retention; kidney stones, lymphatic congestio
- Urinary disfunction
- respiratory problems, asthma
- anxiety and stress, depression
- back pain, scoliosis, posture
- Pregnancy pains, baby bowen, baby colic, unsettled baby, trapped wind
- Stroke & high blood pressure
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI), tennis elbow, golfers elbow, carpal tunnel
- Lack of mobility
- Post operative pain
- Tension release following trauma
- PingPing Bowen’s clinic is at 16 Molineux Place, Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1BF (opposite Haywards Heath Town Hall), bus stop is right opposite the building. There is a disabled parking bay just outside.
- Ashington, Near Pulborough, West Sussex (please ask for more details). Weekend & evening emergency appointments are only in Ashington.
Is it expensive?
- Personal appointments – £48 per 60 minute session
- Weekends and after 5.30pm is £65 per 60 minute session
- Cash only. Cheques, Credit/Debit cards and BACS are no longer accepted.
- Broken appointments (unless 36 hour notice given)- £48.
- Please try not to break an appointment as it could have been offered to someone else in need of treatment …thank you!
- Late arrivals more than 15 minutes are subject to being rescheduled as a quality treatment cannot be delivered. A broken appointment fee therefore will be charged.
- If needed, a small charge (£5) may be applied for medical supplies/strapping
- Professional correspondence e.g. references, referrals, letters to employers, etc. are charged at £30 per letter/email.
- Out of office hours (after 5.30pm) and Weekends are emergency only and are charged at £65 per session – payable at time of booking and non-refundable.
Professional membership and Code of conduct
Ye Ping Tsim is a member of these professional organisations which requires that therapists adhere to the Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- BowTech Bowen Association UK: http://www.bowen-technique.co.uk/
- BTAA Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia
- Bowen Therapy Professional Association BTPA
- VTCT Vocational Training Charitable Trust
Ping Tsim Consulting Ltd, Company Registration number: 06861458
Registered Office: 16 Molineux Place, Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1BF